ACAAI 2022 Annual Scientific Meeting App
If you have a previous version of the ACAAI Annual Meeting app, please delete it from your phone before you download the 2022 version.
Once you have downloaded the 2022 ACAAI app from your phone's app store (the app is free), you are ready to explore the ACAAI Annual Scientific Meeting!
Open the app, and when asked, be sure to allow notifications! This way you will receive important notifications from the College pertaining to the meeting and events.
You may be asked if the app can use your location – your choice.
Then a screen that will tell you about the 2022 Annual Meeting will appear, and you will see a “Load” button – tap on that.
You will be greeted with the ACAAI Annual Meeting logo that will rotate with an advertisement from our app sponsor. In the lower right corner of your screen, you will see a Start button – tap on that.
The main Home menu will appear. Here are some navigation tips on what you will find in each section.
- Session List – There are tabs with the days/dates of the meeting across the top of the screen (under the Search field) that allow you to go to a specific day’s sessions. The default is “Display All.” Or you can scroll through the sessions, and the days will automatically change. For more information on a session, tap on it, and you will see the session's speakers (you can also tap on a speaker for more information about them). You get back to the main menu by clicking on the link in the upper left corner (“Session List” or “Home”).
- Special Events – This functions similarly to the Session List above.
- The Handouts item in the main menu will open a new window. Handouts will become available November 9. Once it is live, you will be able to click on a session and access the handouts for the session.
- Speaker List – you can search, use the alphabetical menu on the right, or tap on someone. You can also see the speaker's professional information, and which sessions the speaker is presenting.
- The Q&A/Polling item will open in a new window. You can click on one of the sessions and it will bring up the screen to submit a question.
- ePosters – This will bring up a new window. The ePosters will be available to view beginning November 10.
- For the Claim Credit/Evaluations item – you will be taken via a new window to the Attendee Service Center on the Annual Meeting site. A login is required there – you will need to type in your last name and ACAAI ID#, found on your badge.
- Exhibitor List –
- You can search in the search field, or
- Tap on the Funnel/Filter icon in the upper right hand corner to search by Product categories. In the upper right corner of the Product Categories window is a Clear link (to clear your choices) or Done in the upper left corner when you have selected all your product categories to search on. You can pick one or several categories and click on Done when you have finished selecting categories. You will then be presented with the companies that match your choices. To clear your choices, tap on the Funnel icon again and select Clear and then Done. That will return you to the main Exhibitors List.
- Below the funnel is “Sort by: Company” – if you tap on that you can search by Company or Booth (menu comes up from the bottom of the screen). Or cancel.
- You can also use the alphabet menu along the right side of the app to get to the Company by the first letter of the Company’s name.
- You can also tap on a Company and get more information about them. You can get to their website through the website link, and a really neat feature is the “Map It” icon – tap on that and it will show you exactly where the company is located in the Exhibit Hall.
- Twitter – this shows any tweet that includes the #ACAAI22 hashtag. It can also take you to Twitter itself – via the Tweet link in the upper right corner. You will need to log into Twitter.
- Premier Partners will open a new window and take you to the College website’s Premier Partners page.
- New this year is a Donate NOW! option for The Allergists' Foundation – that will open in a new window leading to the College website, and you will need to enter your login to the Member site. If you have forgotten your username or password, click on the respective link.
- About ACAAI Annual Meeting is basic information about the meeting.
- For the bottom menu, tapping on Venue Map will bring up a page that says “Venue Map” – tap on that and the convention center and hotel maps will load. These maps also can be found in the Program Guide.
- Exhibit Map will bring up the Exhibit Hall Map. You can expand and pinch the view to get a closer look. This map also can be found in the Program Guide.
- A login to the app is not required this year. Please note: two features that may be visible but not functional include Bookmarks and Notes. There is no MyPlanner feature this year.