Office Administrators, Allied Health & Advanced Practice
Gather your crew on a quest to make your practice thrive. With health care always in a state of flux, it is important that you and your staff are up to date on new regulations, codes, and more.
The College offers everything your team needs to master during the Annual Scientific Meeting, Nov. 7- 11 in Houston. We have sessions for everyone in your office, whether you are in clinical practice, academic institution or a research center.
Your practice is a health care center and a business. The Office Administrators Practice Management Course on Nov. 8 is geared toward office practice administrators, nurse managers, other staff and allergists. This full day session covers issues your staff deals with on a day-to-day basis. Sessions include:
- Billing and coding.
- A Review of the College’s resources related to running an allergy and immunology office.
- Customer service and patient engagement.
- Risks and rewards of Biologics.
- Technology to improve collections.
- Government and regulatory changes as they affect allergy and immunology practices.
- Office culture, staff satisfaction and retention.
- Leadership in the allergy and immunology office.
The Advanced Practice Health Care Providers Course on Nov. 8 is a perfect fit for nurse practitioners, physician assistants, allergy/immunology nurses and other health care providers with extensive experience. Allergists would also benefit from attending! This full-day course features hands-on, interactive workshops. Sessions include:
- Vocal cord dysfunction.
- Patients who are “green” consumers.
- Vaccine refusers.
- Biologics for severe asthma.
- Severe nut allergy.
- Shared decision-making.
- Infants and toddlers who cough and wheeze.
- Common immunodeficiency diagnosis.
Registered and licensed practicing nurses, registered respiratory therapists, medical assistants and other allied health professionals – immerse yourself in the Allied Health Care Providers Course on Nov. 9 - 10. This one-and-a-half-day course is designed just for you! You will take a deep dive into:
- Angioedema pathophysiology and management.
- Patient access to treatment.
- Holistic approach to food allergy patients.
- Myth-busting in the allergy practice.
- Anaphylaxis case studies and preparing your office and staff to conduct food challenges.
- Getting the most from spirometry.
- Managing atopic dermatitis.
- FDA/USP 797 requirements for office compliance.
- Non-IgE mediated food reactions.
- Marijuana and E-cigarettes: usage in patients with asthma.
Assemble your crew! Registration opens in early August. Don’t miss the opportunity to strengthen your staff’s skills!